9.4.13

Drawing People??

What's that? Drawing people with skin and clothes and everything? Shock.
Boy was I rusty. But here are some layouts with the sketches I liked best. The idea was to create some sort of relationship or narrative between the characters but I'll leave that to your imagination.
I went for a sort of dark and mysterious layout for the first one. I gotta say, the scratchy, bold, collage [somewhat Dadaist] style was a great push for me. I enjoyed getting into it immensely.
In contrast, the second layout has a light, romantic feeling. For some reason the models really liked poses with their chins tipped up so I played around with the mood of that for the second layout. Lovers from different centuries? Haha.


Best: The models we worked with were amazing! They all gave such striking, dramatic poses and were such stars about wearing uncomfortable costumes and wigs. I really enjoyed listening to fitting movie ost's while I drew. It doesn't get better than listening to POTC ost while drawing a pirate.
Worst: Having to suck up how rusty I was and just dive into it. You know, those first warm up sketches when you end up with a page full of crap and you just have to tell yourself to keep at it because in 20 minutes, better things will be landing on the page [just me?]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Followers