15.2.13

Subway Safety again

Okay I upgraded the suicide poster from last year. After further research, I thought it would be more informative to provide information that would discourage people from contemplating suicide.
One thing I found really interesting is that in parts of Asia, not all the stations have suicide prevention glass but studies showed that suicide rates still decreased after some stations got the barrier glass because it "delethalized" the subway system. Something else that was pretty harrowing was reading interviews with drivers who experienced hitting a jumper and how traumatic that was for them. It seems like people underestimate their own ability to affect others sometimes.
The most annoying thing about this project was probably having to explain to people why I had notes under the heading, "suicide" in my sketchbook.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Followers